For the majority of roofing systems, Infrared Moisture Surveys are the most effective way to locate and document water intrusion. Infrared Roof Surveys help avoid unnecessary repairs and premature roof replacements. This can add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings.
Use Infrared Roof Moisture Surveys to:
- Locate damaged roof areas and quickly repair them
- Determine acceptable roof areas that can be kept
- Provide a quality assurance report after new installations
- Verify roof condition before a warranty expiration or building purchase
- Determine the extent of storm damage for an insurance claim
- Provide legal documentation on the condition of the roof
The Hidden Costs of Water Damage
Moisture damage in the roof decreases the effectiveness of the building’s insulation. This causes the life span of the insulation to be reduced and creates increased heating costs. It also creates mold growth which can spread to other parts of the building, cause environmental hazards, as well as further reducing the lifespan of other building materials.
How it Works:
- During the day, the roof absorbs sunlight and heats up. Due to greater thermal capacity, any areas of the roof containing moisture will absorb more heat during this time than areas with dry insulation. At night, the roof releases this solar gain, and the dry areas of the roof will cool down faster than those areas retaining moisture.
- Utilizing our professional imaging equipment after sunset, we can locate areas with moisture damage based on their thermal signature. We plainly mark these areas on the visible roof surface with spray paint or crayon for fast and easy repairs.
- We record all relevant details of each problem found and supply a comprehensive report to assist our clients with future repairs or legal documentation.
- Atlantic Leak Detection uses only certified Thermographers and state-of-the-art equipment to provide professional surveys in compliance with industry standards.