How Infrared Technology Benefits Building Envelopes
Infrared Testing is the most effective method of locating and determining the severity of damage that can’t be seen with the naked eye. The building envelope (walls, roof, foundation) is designed to retain temperature, prevent water penetration, stop outside air from entering, and prevent damage. Unfortunately, no building envelope is 100% effective. Weather causes constant wear and tear that will eventually compromise building envelope components. It’s not a matter of if, but when.
Building owners are usually not aware that damage is most likely already present. Slight air leaks and moisture buildup in the roof or walls can go undetected until they cause major problems. Due to the critical importance of the building envelope, regular thermographic testing is an important practice in keeping the building components healthy and long-lasting.
Use Building Envelope Testing to:
- Locate areas of missing insulation, moisture buildup, and heat loss.
- Pinpoint exact areas of air infiltration or mold growth.
- Determine probable causes of ice dams and frozen pipes.
- Reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Determine options for energy-efficient upgrades and renovations.
- Develop strategies for achieving LEED credits.
Our experienced and certified thermographers will be able to identify issues before they become expensive headaches. For more information on the importance of maintaining a building envelope, or to book your Infrared Testing appointment, call Atlantic Testing Services at 888-696-6429.